Saturday, January 7, 2012

31 Days of Oscar


The promo for TCM's "31 Days of Oscar" event in February is up, and it has some nice mash-up effects of various Oscar-winning movies from over the years, although I don't think it's as strong as some of their other recent promos have been. Which is appropriate, because I never like "31 Days of Oscar" as much as TCM's other programming events, either -- I feel like they show the same batch of movies every year, many of which I've already seen, and now that the Oscars are in February, they have to stretch the programming across two months in order to accumulate 31 days. I will say, however, that this year's scheduling motif of "A Trip Around the World" is pretty cool, with the movies grouped together in terms of where their stories are set, and is also a nice compliment to the theme of last year's Summer Under the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment