Monday, October 31, 2011

October Music: Day Thirty-One


Panic! At the Disco, "Ready to Go (Get Me Out of My Mind)"

I designated this a "Shallow End of the Pool" post not because I think Panic's lead singer Brandon Urie is all that great-looking -- he's alright, but so are the people in half the videos I've posted this month -- but because this song is definitely at the shallower end of my musical tastes, as is the video. I usually dislike Panic! At the Disco's music -- their first-ever single, "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies," was probably my most-hated song of 2005 -- but every now and again I find one of their songs catchy, and as for the video...it starts out kind of insufferably, combining all the bad parts of young-guy bands with the overexpression of musical theatre, but somewhere around the chimney sweep sequence, it kind of wins me over. I don't know. There are a lot of costume changes, anyway, so at least it's appropriate for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment